Saturn is an easy to use FPGA Development board featuring Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA. Saturn is specially designed for experimenting and learning system design with FPGAs. This development board features Xilinx XC6SLX series FPGA with FTDI’s FT2232H Dual-Channel USB device. The high speed USB 2.0 interface provides fast and easy configuration download to the on-board SPI flash. No programmer or special downloader cable is needed to download the bit stream to the board.
Academic pricing is available for students and faculty.
- Product Prototype Development
- Development and testing of custom embedded processors
- Signal Processing
- Communication devices development
- Educational tool for Schools and Universities
- FPGA: Spartan-6 LX45 in CSG324 package (XC6SLX9, LX16 and LX25 available for custom order)
- DDR: 166MHz 512Mb LPDDR
- Flash memory: 128 Mb SPI flash memory
- 100MHz CMOS oscillator
- High Speed USB 2.0 interface for On-board flash programming
- FT2232H Channel A is dedicated for SPI Flash Programming. Channel B can be used for custom applications.
- On-board voltage regulators for single power rail operation
- FPGA configuration via JTAG and USB
- Maximum 158 IOs for user defined purposes
- XC6SLX9 – 118 IOs
- XC6SLX16 – 150 IOs
- XC6SLX25 – 144 IOs
- XC6SLX45 – 136 IOs
- FT2232H – 8 IOs